POSTGRADUATE INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD
To achieve and promote girls' education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate the direct costs of girl education at all levels, especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
The girl students who are admitted in various non-professional Post Graduate (PG) courses in Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without any brother.
Any single girl child of her parents. In a family if both son and daughter are present, then the girl child (daughter) will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a PG college.This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Age: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Procedure For Monitoring
- The Universities/Colleges/Institutions will submit a certificate of completion of the PG course in respect of each student availing this scheme.
- The Universities/Colleges/Institutions will submit the Utilization certificate of each student availing this scheme. The grant for second year will be released on the receipt of Utilization certificate for grant of first year.
- Students desirous of leaving the studies mid-way without completing the respective PG degree will have to take prior approval from the University Grants Commission (UGC) by submitting an application, along with the justification from the concerned Universities/Colleges/Institution.
- Any student who discontinues the studies without prior approval of the UGC.
- To refund the whole amount through DD drawn in favour of Secretary, UGC and the concerned institution will be responsible for this.
- No extension is permissible beyond two years.
- The student who is awarded Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The Universities/Colleges/Institutions shall submit annual progress report of each student availing the scheme along with the utilization certificate.
- Students avail the scheme along with the utilization certificate.